ALL is very lucky this year to have the following exciting opportunities to engage delegates:
- two student film crews from Nottingham Trent University will be capturing photos and film of the event. They will be undertaking work which supports their own university study and will capture the successes of the event with reportage and staged photo shoots. They are also going to record video ‘talking heads’ to assist ALL to promote its membership offer and recruit additional members, as well as highlight the important benefits of belonging to networks of professionals. They will also be capturing talking heads which relate to our Language Futures programme
- a social media crew attending conference from the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) to promote all that is best about subject-specific CPD and teacher engagement with the broad languages community, as part of our commitment to supporting NCTL in the national language teacher recruitment campaign
- a new feature for Language World – a poster exhibition which brings class-room based research and news about languages initiatives direct to delegates. This will take place on Friday 24 March 2017, following an introduction by Anna Lise Gordon, ALL President (2016-2018)
- an Exhibition Wine Reception – running after the poster exhibition on Friday 24 March 2017, an additional opportunity to visit the Exhibition and have more in-depth conversations with exhibitors and fellow delegates. A feel-good event at the end of the first day at conference before embarking on the journey home and reflecting on what to put into practice in your classroom or beyond!
- the Conference Dinner Wine Reception – taking place just before the Conference Dinner on Friday 24 March 2017, sponsored by Cambridge International Examinations. This event is open to diners only and enables further networking and socialising over a glass of wine, and listening to the latest news from our generous sponsor
- the Conference Dinner – taking place on the evening of Friday 24 March 2017, sponsored by Sanako. This includes a three-course dinner with wine, the awards of ALL Fellowship, short celebratory speeches and welcomes from ALL Trustees and a round-up of the first day of conference presented by Steven Fawkes. There will be laughter! The evening finishes off with a few hours of dancing at our disco, so have your dancing shoes ready and remember to make your music requests to the DJ!
Introducing Language World 2017’s resident sketch-noter:
Lisa is going to capture all of the main events at Language World 2017 in sketch-note format. She will capture proceedings and summarise the content of conference sessions and will tweet her sketch-notes, as well as create a physical display of the conference from start to finish which will be a visual feast for the eyes. Watch her work unfold at the conference, and if you are not sure what sketch-noting is, then you can view some of the visuals she completed at last year’s Language World below.