Igniting a FLAME
ALL has set up FLAME, a new initiative to support CLIL and bilingual learning.
FLAME, Future for Language as a Medium of Education, launched formally on 17th January. It will support the many ways that teachers are combining languages with other subjects, whether bringing subject topics into language lessons, teaching subject modules or teaching one or more whole subjects through a language other than English.
FLAME plans to:
- Bring together people with a shared interest in bilingual learning;
- Help teachers to collaborate and share ideas;
- Provide valuable information and advice for schools;
- Arrange open days to see CLIL and bilingual learning in action; and
- Improve the availability of learning resources.
ALL hopes that FLAME will increase the number of primary and secondary schools that combine language teaching with the teaching of key subjects, and that this in turn will help to transform the quality of language learning in schools.
Please download and print our short questionnaire and return it to the Association for Language Learning, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, or click here to complete the online questionnaire.
Find out more about the FLAME Launch event on 17 January.
Find out more about the FLAME initiative.