2019 International Conference: Cross-curricular Language Learning
June 21 @ 09:00 - June 22 @ 17:00
Focus: This event is aimed at researchers, teachers, trainee teachers and teacher educators. Sessions will cover talks and workshops led by practitioners from successful CLIL and immersion projects.
Topics will include:
- The impact of CLIL and immersion techniques on pupils’ motivation and progress;
- CLIL pedagogy in EAL contexts
- Practical ideas for increasing cognitive challenge, motivation and engagement in the primary and secondary classroom
- How cross curricular learning can support pupils who will take England’s new language exams
- What we can learn from other countries
Keynote speakers include Professor Do Coyle (University of Edinburgh), Associate Professor Russell Cross (University of Melbourne) and Dr Kim Bower (Sheffield Hallam University).
The call for poster presentations is still open. For further information, please contact Kim Bower.