- This event has passed.
ALL Ofsted MFL Curriculum Research Review webinar
September 13 @ 19:30 - 20:30
About this event
With Ofsted on-site inspections resuming, this webinar will help teachers / departments to articulate their “narrative”. This is especially important in the context of the recent Ofsted Curriculum research review publication which could be taken as pushing the particular pedagogy espoused in the DfE GCSE subject content review proposals which have been strongly contested, including by ALL and in the widely suppported APPG statement.
We plan to give a summary of the publication and its “high quality languages education may …” statements, and then offer possible approaches so that you can review and justify your practice and pedagogy.
As in previous ALL webinars, there will be an opportunity to raise questions.
The forthcoming “Languages Today” publication will include an article on this topic.
Don’t forget to join ALL or renew your membership to ensure you have access to all the great member benefits! https://www.all-languages.org.uk/join/
• Through registering you will receive a link to the Zoom room. This must not be shared with others.
• Please register with your full name as you are known on our ALL member database and if you are part of a group subscription or corporate organisation, please give the name and postcode of your group.
• You must enter the Zoom room with your full name which will be visible to all in the chat. If you usually use a different name in Zoom, you may need to log out and back into your account with the name you need. Please note that we will not be able to offer technical support on this while the meeting takes place.
• Registrations close one hour before the start of the event.
• The recording will be available to members only after the event.
• Please download the latest version of the Zoom client for the best experience: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
• Please read the Webinar page of our website for more information about how to join a Webinar. In particular, please read our etiquette on participating in a webinar: http://www.all-london.org.uk/site/index.php/webinars/webinar-information/
We look forward to seeing you!