- This event has passed.
ALL Yorkshire Winter Series
February 26 @ 17:30 - 19:00
Towards Excellence – Understanding, Improving and Promoting Language Learning
• 5 outstanding CPD sessions for one very competitive fee!
• 5 outstanding speakers sharing a wealth of ideas!
• No supply cover costs for your school!
• Fresh ideas based on research and successful practice
With Ofsted’s renewed focus on the curriculum, language teachers and subject leaders will now be preparing for increased scrutiny of teaching and learning:
• What is it that makes language learning unique?
• What thinking lies behind our Schemes of Work and our practice in the classroom?
• How do we ensure students are engaged and make appropriate progress?
In short: What does excellence in language teaching look like and how do we ensure that it gets put into practice in our day-to-day practice in the classroom?
Speakers to include:
• Rachel Hawkes
• Nick Avery
• Stephen Owen
• Emma Marsden
• David Shanks
Session 1 Curriculum Design: Intent, Implementation and Impact in Languages at KS3 (and KS4).
Session 2 NCELP Scheme of Work Development.
Session 3 How does Explicit Phonics Teaching make a Difference?
Session 4 Grammar.
Session 5 Vocabulary.
Please see the Winter Series 2019-20 flyer for further information. Please book by Wednesday, 13th November.