- This event has passed.
The translation turn: current debates on the role of translation in language teaching and learning
Join us for a stimulating day of talks, workshops and roundtable discussions with world-class specialists in the field.
This conference aims to provide a forum for specialists – both researchers and practitioners – in the areas of language teaching, translation pedagogy, education, and professional translation to exchange ideas and approaches on the role of translation in language teaching and learning.
The topics to be discussed will include:
• theoretical and practical approaches to translation in MFL teaching
• the notion of mediation (CEFR) and its pedagogical applications
• audiovisual translation for language learning
• the multilingual classroom
• curriculum design in secondary and in higher education
A limited number of bursaries are available for state school teachers. Bursary applicants should email the organisers (Ángeles Carreres email@example.com & María Noriega-Sánchez firstname.lastname@example.org) with a request in advance of their online registration.
For further information, please explore the event website.