The Association for Language Learning (ALL) wants to encourage all language teachers to keep on reading. To this end ALL has published a number of article collections to pique your interest and give you a burst of inspiration. Our articles and publications are written for language teachers by other teachers, and we are sure there is something of interest for everyone.
We have downloadable articles from back editions of Languages Today magazine available for ALL members to download free of charge, and for non-members to access on a pay-per-download basis, at just £1.49 per article.
ALL has arranged articles into collections and these are as follows:
How to … – a collection of practical articles focusing on themes which are pertinent to classroom teachers. If you are looking for a tried and tested idea and advice for how to get started, then you will enjoy this collection! The collection includes:
- How to thrive as an NQT
- How to plan cross-curricular language links
- How to provide effective feedback during whole class speaking tasks
- How to encourage spontaneity in the languages classroom
- How to put on a performance-based languages event
- How to develop intercultural understanding through play
My Best Ten – a collection which features teachers giving you 10 pieces of advice, 10 practical suggestions for practising a skill, or ten suggestions of ways in which to introduce a specific topic. The collection includes:
- My Best 10 tips for trainee teachers
- My Best 10 ways to bring languages into classroom routines
- My Best 10 ways to create confident conversationalists
- My Best 10 ways to encourage spontaneous speaking
- My Best 10 ways to teach primary languages with drama
- My Best 10 ideas for using drama & performance in the language classroom
- My Best 10 ways to teach language through science
- My Best 10 ways to take one text and use it ten ways
Practitioner Focus – a collection which takes a more in-depth look at various topics of interest, with practical suggestions and advice to support your success in tackling learning and teaching issues, as well as developing specific skills in language learning. This collection includes:
- Embedding phonics in language lessons
- Focus on assessment in Key Stage 2
- Learner independence
- Literature and language learning
- Using the Gruffalo to inspire language learning
- Why student teachers are well placed to undertake action research
- How can we support and nurture resilience in language teachers?
- Linguistics in and beyond the languages classroom
- Is the UK language rich?
If you enjoy reading some of the collections above, then why not consider joining ALL as a member? Languages Today magazine is published every term and is one of a range of member benefits. Find out more about ALL membership here: https://www.all-languages.org.uk/join/
If membership is not for you and you still want to keep in the loop, then why not buy single e-editions of Languages Today magazine?
- Autumn 2017 edition – This edition takes multilingualism as its main theme – £7.99
- Spring 2018 edition – This edition takes speaking as its main theme – £7.99
- Or subscribe to an annual e-subscription (3 editions) – £20
ALL also has two new e-publications which can be purchased as single editions or as a dual package:
- The Head of Languages Handbook £14.99
- Effective Mentoring of Trainee Teachers £14.99
- Combined package of both e-publications £24.99
We hope you feel inspired to ‘keep on reading’ and we would love to hear from you if you would like to write a guest blog for other teachers to read too!
Please get in touch with email@example.com if you have an idea to share.