Wishing all teachers a very happy World Teacher’s Day! To celebrate we would like to highlight some of the fantastic work from teachers across the globe.
Read about French teacher Meghan Chance who teaches French in New York. Compare your typical teaching day to that of Meghan’s and see how she immerses her pupils in a francophone culture. This is followed by Keith Kelly, an English teacher in the Balkans who specialises in the CLIL approach. Read about both teachers here.
Further afield, we celebrate Goran Krivokapic, a language teacher in Adelaide, South Australia. His strength lies in employing a student-focused approach to teaching languages whilst making the most of digital resources and self-directed learning. Read all about Goran’s typical teaching day here.
All three teachers highlight the international focus ALL has and help to celebrate our international audience. In recognition of this, we have launched an annual e-subscription to our flagship magazine, Languages Today, where the ‘Day in the life’ of the above teachers has been published. Find out more about Languages Today below:
Languages Today is a 40 page magazine written in English, which is published three times a year, (January, May, September). It is packed full of tried and tested ideas for language teachers straight from teachers’ classrooms, and brings readers the latest updates on innovative practice and learner/teacher successes. Every edition takes a broad theme and explores this across a number of articles, each from a different contributor. We also bring you language policy updates, project updates, reviews of resources, interviews and opinion pieces and a World Language feature in every edition. The ‘How to….’ and ‘My Best Ten Ideas’ provide you with practical take away suggestions to try in your classroom the very next day!
You may also be interested in some of the other ways in which ALL has an international focus:
- ALL has an academic peer-reviewed journal called the Language Learning Journal, which features contributions from around the world on all aspects of language learning and pedagogy
- ALL supports the work of the FIPF, FIPLV and the IDV by cascading their news on to ALL members and reporting on international policy work as well as resources produced in a range of target languages
- ALL is an active partner in an Erasmus+ funded project with 9 other UK and international partners, developing an interactive game called THE LANGUAGE MAGICIAN, which measures progress in foreign language learning in the primary setting
- ALL promotes the resources and services offered by cultural institutes and corporate members, many of which have an intercultural or international focus
- ALL actively supports the European Day of Languages and runs a national competition, as well as showcasing resources from the language teaching community
- ALL provides a calendar of key international dates and highlights accompanying resources for teachers to use with their language learners
To purchase an annual e-subscription to Languages Today, and to gain access to our latest edition, focusing on multilingualism, please click here.
If you would like to share your ‘Day in the life’ or an innovate approach you have to teaching, please contact email@example.com