Sheffield Institute of Education invite you to their cross-curricular language (CLIL) conference that they are hosting in partnership with ALL FLAME in Sheffield this year. The conference will look at successful approaches to teaching curriculum subjects through a foreign language. The conference is suitable for teachers of any subject who are interested in this successful pedagogical approach that has been proven to raise motivation, confidence and attainment for students of all ages and backgrounds. The line-up of speakers include two ‘teachers of the year’ with successful CLIL experience, schools with established CLIL projects and even a number of teacher educator colleagues from Australia. Speakers include:
- a range of international CLIL teacher trainers from UK and Australia, including Do Coyle and Philip Hood
- teachers and senior leaders from schools with established CLIL and immersion projects
- practical sessions with ideas for teaching at primary and secondary schools
- sessions on broader topics applied to CLIL, such as transition from Gary Chambers, and goal setting from an Australian expert
- workshops including one on dance, a practical science workshop involving bowls of water, a variety of fruit in French(!) and unusual CLIL approaches such the use of rhythm from music to teach Italian
There is also a conference dinner for £30.
If you would like to present a poster at the conference, the submission deadline is open until May. For ideas for poster or presentation submissions, please read the following submission form.
To attend the conference ALL are being offered reduced rates for members. £80 for a day ticket, £130 for a 2 day ticket.
To book please click here.
Further information about the conference can be found here.