Would you like to have authentic German cultural input in your school? Through the Host a Teacher from Germany programme, your school can host a German teacher for one, two or three weeks during the academic year, at no cost.
- A fresh injection of German culture into the school, with the possibility of special sessions for pupils.
- Joint thematic learning: both sides are able to benefit from discussing educational and curricular themes together and gain a new perspective.
- The visit helps to broaden horizons, break down any existing prejudices, and increase pupils’ intercultural awareness and understanding.
- Linguistic teaching support: pupils and teachers are able to practise their German speaking and gain confidence in conversing in the language.
- Discussion and reflection: teachers gain new insight into the German education system, discuss educational issues and are able to reflect on current practice.
- A chance to discuss and develop a potential partnership for future project activities.
For further information, please explore the UK-German Connection website.