League of Champions 2018
Our week-long global competitions are a great way to get your school enthused about language learning. We run our League of Champions competition in the autumn term from the 10th – 16th of October and our Global Challenge competition in spring.
Each sees 10s of thousands of students competing to win the top spot on our overall and individual language leaderboards. Download this leaflet for more information.
Applications for the next League of Champions are now open in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Latin, Greek, Arabic, Urdu, Hebrew, Mandarin and Japanese competitions.
Create a languages buzz around your school by taking part in a global online vocabulary competition
- Pitch your students against other schools from around the world.
- Play for numerous school and student certificates.
- Track the action as it happens with real time leaderboards.
- Raise the profile of the languages department within your school.
The competition is free to all existing school subscribers to Vocab Express. There are also a limited number of free places available for schools not currently subscribed. Enrol now!
Certificates and prizes will be awarded at both school and individual student level.
All competition scoreboards (both school- and student level) will be visible to students and teachers in real-time throughout the competition.
At a school level, there will be two cups to play for:
- Genius Cup (overall & all languages) – total points obtained by top 25 students at each school.
- Challenge Cup (overall & French/German/Spanish) – total points obtained by all students at each school, divided into 3 leagues:
› Challenge Cup Piccolo schools with 150 or fewer registered students.
› Challenge Cup Medio schools with between 151 and 500 registered students.
› Challenge Cup Grande schools with over 500 registered students.