Theme of the fortnight
The ALL Language Zones contain our five language publications – Francophonie, Deutsch Lehren und Lernen, Vida Hispánica and Tuttitalia, plus new and specially selected archive content – an entirely interactive and interconnected archive on language teaching practice. They also contain networking and information areas for each language: for cultural information, discussion, news and updates.
This fortnight’s theme on our Language Zones is Literature – featured articles include: L’eredità di Pinocchio, The Bayreuth Connection: Tolstoi as Wagnerophobe, The impact of STORYWALK® on foreign language development and cultural competence: preliminary investigation, and Three stories from Bernhard Schlink’s Sommerlügen.
– Ideas to pick up & take away: Case studies on using literature & texts with 7–14 yr-olds on the ALL Literature wiki.
– The Primary Projects Box: features teaching ideas, resources, CDs and online materials – including using stories and books in class.
– World Stories: A growing collection of traditional tales and new stories from around the world.
– Elementary, my dear Watson: creating your own detective characters and crime reports in Spanish, with Curriculum Now.
– By the book: A Languages Today special issue on language & literature.