Language World, the Association for Language Learning’s annual conference and CPD event offers a packed programme from across the languages sector.
– It’s an exhibition: a large and varied exhibition showcasing the latest in language learning resources and support.
– It’s a real boost to your teaching: a great way to recharge your batteries – a two day shot of ideas, advice, debate and inspiration.
– It’s a celebration: get together with other language teachers from around the UK, and around the world… at Language World!
What can you expect:
- Plenary sessions – bringing all of our delegates together for an address, celebration, keynote or welcome.
- Talks – where delegates will be able to choose from one of five talks.
- Workshops – where delegates can chose one of five sessions.
- A sketchnote wall, capturing all of the conference and exhibition highlights as a visual treat.
- A 1:1 career clinic and drop-in for trainee teachers and NQTs – an opportunity for those new to the language teaching profession to tap into the wealth of expertise and knowledge of our more experienced members.
Mary Glasgow Plenary Lecture:
Twenty-five years of not (yet) having a House of Languages – Professor David Crystal, OBE, ALL Patron.
Plenary Lectures include:
What Ofsted understands by a high quality curriculum and the quality of education judgement and what this means for the inspection of modern foreign languages – Michael Wardle (National Lead for Modern Foreign Languages, Ofsted).
Curriculum Design: Intent, Implementation and Impact – Dr Rachel Hawkes (Director of International Education and Research, Comberton Academy Trust).
The Challenges and Opportunities for leaders of MFL in the School Curriculum – Suzanne O’Farrell (Qualifications Specialist, Association of School and College Leaders).
Celebrating languages, CLIL, Supporting multilingualism, SEND, Schemes of Work, Speaking and spontaneity, Creative writing, Cross-curricular approaches, Storytelling, Leading languages, Supporting EAL learners, Integrating technology. And much, much more!
Language Trends 2019: preview and discussion of findings – Teresa Tinsley and Vicky Gough.
Learn more about the ELAPSE Project – exploring CLIL and soft CLIL across Primary and Secondary.
Language World 1990 was held in Exeter.
2017 Language World theme was Progress for ALL.
In 2008, Helen Myers was Pulling the Threads.
In 2014 Rachel Hawkes was ALL Joined Up.