Language World, the Association for Language Learning’s annual conference and CPD event offers a packed programme from across the languages sector.
– It’s an exhibition: a large and varied exhibition showcasing the latest in language learning resources and support.
– It’s a real boost to your teaching: a great way to recharge your batteries – a two day shot of ideas, advice, debate and inspiration.
– It’s a celebration: get together with other language teachers from around the UK, and around the world… at Language World!
What can you expect:
- Plenary sessions – bringing all of our delegates together for an address, celebration, keynote or welcome.
- Talks – where delegates will be able to choose from one of five talks.
- Workshops – where delegates can chose one of five sessions.
- A sketchnote wall, capturing all of the conference and exhibition highlights as a visual treat.
- A 1:1 career clinic and drop-in for trainee teachers and NQTs – an opportunity for those new to the language teaching profession to tap into the wealth of expertise and knowledge of our more experienced members.
Mary Glasgow Plenary Lecture:
Twenty-five years of not (yet) having a House of Languages – Professor David Crystal, OBE, ALL Patron.
Plenary Lectures include:
What Ofsted understands by a high quality curriculum and the quality of education judgement and what this means for the inspection of modern foreign languages – Heather Fearn (Inspector Curriculum and Development Lead, Ofsted) and Michael Wardle (National Lead for Modern Foreign Languages, Ofsted).
Curriculum Design: Intent, Implementation and Impact – Dr Rachel Hawkes (Director of International Education and Research, Comberton Academy Trust).
The Challenges and Opportunities for leaders of MFL in the School Curriculum – Suzanne O’Farrell (Qualifications Specialist, Association of School and College Leaders).
Celebrating languages, CLIL, Supporting multilingualism, SEND, Schemes of Work, Speaking and spontaneity, Creative writing, Cross-curricular approaches, Storytelling, Leading languages, Supporting EAL learners, Integrating technology. And much, much more!
Language Trends 2019: preview and discussion of findings – Teresa Tinsley and Vicky Gough.
Learn more about the ELAPSE Project – exploring CLIL and soft CLIL across Primary and Secondary.