Curriculum Now! by Rachel Hawkes.
Curriculum NOW! includes the book itself, and a host of accompanying online materials (available for download following purchase of this item).
Curriculum NOW! is a down-to-earth guide to refresh your languages curriculum, based on real examples that Rachel and her colleagues have developed at Comberton Village College.
The guide reflects key aspects of the secondary curriculum, enriching learning through skills and development, and sneakily stealing great ideas from other subjects. Each classroom activity is clearly described, along with its rationale and the benefits for learners.
The guide will help you:
- Put into practice the inspirational ideas you have seen Rachel present in her workshops
- Develop more independent and confident language learners
- Improve pupils’ enjoyment and engagement
- Draw on effective, proven ideas when revising schemes of work
- Borrowing the mantle of drama
- What’s in a song?
- Age-appropriate learning – keeping step with Geography
- Age-appropriate learning – linking learning with English
- The ‘art’ of linking
- Apply ‘IT’ to languages!
- Skills building – memory
- Skills building – accelerating learning through phonics
- Skills building – thinking through language learning
Please note this publication pre-dates the new secondary Programme of Study, but the ideas are valid for today’s teachers.