Theme: Re-evaluating the Primary Scheme of Work
The Ofsted Inspection Framework expresses a focus on the school’s Intent (what its ambition is for all pupils), Implementation (how it will achieve that intent) and Impact (how the intent is visible at the end of the process).
Within those headings a scheme of work for a Language forms part of Implementation, and serves to ensure
- that you can share an overview of what children will gain from Language lessons
- the Languages offer is equitable across the school
- that the plans are relevant and responsive to the local context
- that there is appropriate challenge (as exemplified in the Programmes of Study – see references )
- that language learning is planned in a systematic and sequential way
- and that the planned learning is retained.
There is currently no nationally agreed scheme of work.
To read more on this impactful and research informed Teacher Briefing 22 Re-Evaluating the Primary Scheme of Work